This link was sent to me by David Lewins LRPS, a fellow landscape photographer of distinction… who uses this program to great effect in the Lake District and on his trips to Scotland
The Photographer’s Ephemeris is a program to assist the planning of landscape photography.
Landscape photographers typically wish to plan their shoots around the times of sunrise/sunset or twilight, or alternatively when the moon is in a particular place in a particular phase.
It is a great tool, if, like me, you try to plan ahead, and allows many editable options to ensure optimum position for that sunrise / sunset shot.
It also allows you to set it for any time of the year so that pre planning shoots allows you to position yourself and use the topography to determine where the sun will be at any point.
The example above is for Glen Etive on 15th June 2010.
It has a very robust and detailed support Blog, easy to follow instructions and video tutorials.
The only limitation that i see in using this cracking piece of kit is obvious… I live in Scotland!… now if it could predict cloud cover, I would be in clover…lol
- Navin Harish on Scottish Bluebell
- David Mould is another winning Scottish photographer | photographicviewscotland on A Pot of Gold… Commended…
- danny on A Pot of Gold… Commended…
- LPOTY Competition Success - Follow Up | Frame Focus Capture Photography on Honoured… and rewarded…
- Peter McAuley on A Pot of Gold… Commended…